Monday, August 22, 2011

rules are for breaking

0007

0004

0002

Have you ever read or participated in Clothed Much's Rule Breaking Monday?  I find it fascinating and somewhat liberating to break fashion rules since the Type A/slightly OCD part of me believes rules are there for a reason and must not be broken.  (Ask my husband if I'll even drive my car if I've forgotten my license.)

Fashion magazines and books tell me that I should not wear low rise, baggy pants, and that horizontal stripes are a big no-no.  But I couldn't help myself.  I was fixated on some idea about J.Crew meets the Boyfriend outfit.

So I'm throwing caution to the wind. You should too. Live a little.

I'm wearing:  necklace, purse (target); shirt (thrifted H&M); shoes (tjmaxx); jeans (old navy)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's the perfect combo of slouchy and pulled together. And that necklace is killer!

    I tried to get your email but the button wouldn't work for me. I'm putting together a fall fashion week and would LOVE to have you guest post! Please email me if you are interested! mommagoround@gmail.com. You rock babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look amazing. I love how you jazz up your outfit with that necklace. It makes you look so glamourous and comfy at the same time! Love your blog. You take awesome pictures.
    Courtney
    I can be many things

    ReplyDelete